I think that there is great potential in open source to empower developers and clients to take advantage of very powerful tools to execute their goals in their particular case without needing to reinvent the wheel.
The open source community has driven me to explore the latest platforms and APIs to develop the next big project.
In my free time, I like building side projects, reading manga, and trying out new food, especially Japanese food.
- Developer, Technology Services Group
- Consultant in Electronic Content Management. Contributing to TSG's core products using a suite of modern web frameworks, such as Node.js, Backbone, and Spring, to develop new features for business users and internal development. Fall 2013 - Current
- Lead Instructor, iD Programming Academy, Internal Drive, Inc.
- Responsible for technical support, quality assurance, and delivery of all student projects in addition to teaching teenagers, over two-week sessions, topics ranging from the basics of computer programming to mobile application development and version control. Summer 2013
- SDE Intern, Digital Delivery, Amazon Corporate LLC
- Designed, implemented, and deployed a tracking and auditing system for messages. Authored wiki documents and presented for feedback. Wrote integration and unit tests in addition to professional QA. Presented work to the team Summer 2012.
- Researcher, National Science Foundation, Washington University in St. Louis
- Worked on a small team within the Computer Science Department at Washington University to develop applications for a high bandwidth, tree-like network called Forest. Presented work to department in poster session Summer 2011.
- Collaborated with the Computer Science Department at Washington University to develop parallel applications under Autopipe: a C-based parallel programming framework for diverse hardware. Presented work to department Summer 2010.
- Eagle Scout achieved August 2007
- Indy GiveCamp 2010, 2011, 2012